Sunday, March 8, 2009

Roommates

Yes, the kids are each sleeping soundly in their own beds!

Tatum and Owen have officially been sharing a room for exactly one week and it could not be going smoother. I don't even have to put them down at different times. We read stories together, they each get into their own bed, we say a prayer, I give kisses and say goodnight, and so far (knock on wood) that's the last I hear of them until the morning.

I feel very fortunate that transitioning Owen to a big boy bed was a breeze. Owen for the most part is an excellent sleeper and appreciative of his rest. He's always welcomed going into his crib and I assumed the same would be true of his bed. Sleep with Tatum on the other hand has always been a battle. When we moved her into a bed, we had about three weeks of major challenges before she began to get used to the idea. Also, until recently we've been getting nightly visits from Tatum on a regular basis. Since Owen has joined her though, she's stayed in bed...I think she enjoys the company and feels more secure with him in her/their room. Transitioning them into one room was at the top of my to-do list prior to baby being born. I'm thrilled to say I can now officially cross that of my list!

My precious little boy sleeping soundly with his two favorite things; a baby doll and a train.



Here's another picture of Owen, again with the two things he treasures the most right now.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

So glad the transition went well! We're still having challenges here -- 2 1/2 months after putting them together!! I'm tempted to put them in their own rooms when we get home, but I think that would upset them because they really like the comfort of knowing they are in the same room. The pics of Owen are adorable!!