Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome Baby Isaac!

At 40 weeks and 4 days we welcomed Isaac into the world with the help of an elective induction. With just over 5 hours of labor, he was born July 29th at 12:49 am, weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Less than 24 hours after his birth we were able to come home and have been truly enjoying getting accustomed to our new family of 5!

Both Tatum and Owen have handled the addition of their baby brother very well. When talking to his bro, Owen uses an adorable high pitched voice and usually refers to him as "cute baby" or "cute Isaac". Owen's interest in Isaac is brief, while Tatum is constantly wanting to hold/burp/carry/soothe her brother. I'm sure his "newness" will wear off, but in the meantime I'm trying to allow her to do as much as she would like to.

We are all doing really well, but the exhaustion is definitely starting to kick in. Scott has been doing a great job of keeping up with Tatum and Owen during the day so I can focus on Isaac and occasionally sneak in a nap. My only priority right now are my kiddos and I'm cherishing this precious time with our newborn...it goes by so darn fast!


All dressed up and ready to go home.

If you would like to see more pictures of Isaac, you can visit my facebook photo album at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33362&id=1192224803&l=0ac1a9030a

1 comment:

Jenn and Jeremy said...

Congrats! He is so cute! I hope everyone is adjusting well and soon you'll be in a routine with all of them. Enjoy this precious time with him!