Friday, August 29, 2008

Long Beach Vacation


We just returned from our brief get-away to Long Beach and I am happy to report we were able to sneak in some rest and relaxation...even with our 3 year and 16 month old kiddos! From reports of the weather at home, it sounds like we really lucked out with the weather. We enjoyed three beautiful sunny days with temps that felt like the low 70's. On our first excursion to the beach, I wasn't prepared for Tatum (knowing her, I should have been) heading straight for the icy ocean water. I'll let the pictures tell the story.





We spent our time doing all the typical yet fantastic ocean vacation activities; kite flying, walking on the beach, building sand castles, throwing sand (this was Owen's favorite), chasing and jumping over waves. Owen even enjoyed running into the water, however, not without holding on (and pushing forward) to his Daddy's legs.


The ocean is a perfect family vacation especially when little ones are involved. There is definitely something for everyone...even if it's just admiring a beautiful sunset or walking barefoot on the warm sand (my favorites). I'm already looking forward to our next trip to the ocean!!


1 comment:

Abbey said...

Glad you had a good time! I think we're heading back when Mike gets home in October!