Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School!

We did it! We survived the first day of preschool and Little Gym with no major catastrophes and even managed to make it there on time. OK, so I can't take all the credit because I had a lot of help this morning. Scott was able to help get the kids ready before heading off to work and Auntie Rachel was waiting for us in the parking lot when we arrived at the school. Let me just say that loading up the car with 3 kids ages 4 and under by 7:45 am is no easy feat, so I was very thankful for the extra hands.


Tatum and Owen were very excited for the start of their classes this morning. As you can see from the pictures, they both were giving me some crazy picture poses.

Tatum is essentially in a pre-K class this year. She'll attend school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 to 11:00. Owen is attending a Little Gym class on Wednesdays and he had his first session today as well. Seeing Owen in his class today showed that me that I indeed have a very high energy almost 2 1/2 year old. It was clear he loved the class, but definitely was not happy about having to leave. Owen cried practically the entire way home...hopefully leaving class will become a little easier as the semester continues!

Even though there is some stress involved with having to be out the door so early, I'm very happy to be back to a routine and more rigid schedule. The kids have literally been bouncing off the walls at home, especially since I'm not able to get out with them nearly as much as I did prior to Isaac. I'm excited about our new schedule and think it is a good thing for everyone!

Tatum and her friend Natalie

Waiting in line to wash hands before school starts. Tatum like Mom...one of the tallest in her class

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Love the pictures! The kids don't start school until next Wednesday, but we went to meet their teachers last night and they are VERY excited. If you ever need a place to crash on a Monday or Friday, you're more than welcome to hang out here!!